Are you the adopter we need? We have a number of approved adopters waiting to adopt children between the ages of 0 to 2 years. Therefore we are no longer accepting Registrations of Interest from anyone wishing to adopt a child age 0 – 2 years only, with the exception of Early Permanence and Children with Disabilities.
Adoption is a way of becoming the legal parent of a child who cannot live with their birth family.
Many people can adopt.
You can adopt if you:
- are over 21. There is no upper age limit
- are married, single or living with a partner of any gender
- have somewhere to live – whether rented or owned
- are in reasonable health. Being overweight or having previously had an illness won’t necessarily prevent you adopting
- have enough energy to care for a child during their dependent years
- have finished any fertility treatment
- if wishing to adopt a child 5 years or under, or a child with a specific health issue, to have been a non-smoker for six months
- have lived in the UK for at least a year.
A low income, criminal record or difficult early life won’t necessarily prevent you adopting.
You'll also need the time, skills and commitment to give a child a safe, stable and loving home.
Get in touch
or call us 0800 801 530
"Since our daughter came to join our family, life has changed in so many ways and our dream has finally come true." - Adam