The Oasis Network provides foster carers with support, respite and advice from an experienced carer and mentor.
The Network provides a range of benefits including peer support, regular joint planning and social activities. Experienced foster carers will provide support and respite to a group of 6 to 8 foster homes by giving carers
- an oasis with space and time to reflect
- a network of additional support
- stronger relationships with social workers
- motivation and confidence building
- a network that reduces carer isolation.
Oasis Network Carers receive a bespoke financial package of around £20,000 per year plus training and will be fully supported by a Liaison Worker. They will benefit from stronger relationships with fellow foster carers and social workers, gaining knowledge and access to resources. The role is ideal for experienced caregivers with well-developed social and emotional skills who excel at building strong relationships.
The Oasis Network will also
- offer placement stability for young people
- enhance the fostering experience
- build links to resources in the wider community
- reduce placement moves.
or to talk to our friendly recruitment team call 0800 801 530
Are you a foster carer?
“This was so beneficial and help from other carers too was great."
"I felt that I was not alone in things I sometimes struggle with and realised that people have the same issues through the whole of the fostering system.”
Foster carers who have benefited from a pilot scheme